We have missed seeing you and hope that you and your family have remained safe and healthy during this time.
Our retail shop is open Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00AM – 4:30PM.
In reopening, the primary objective of Village Treasure House is to ensure a safe environment for our customers, volunteers and staff. Be assured that in getting ready to reopen Village Treasure House, we have used the following sources to guide our preparation:
The State of Illinois Restore Illinois Plan
IDPH Illinois Department of Public Health
CDC Center for Disease Control & Prevention
OSHA Occupational Safety & Health Administration
DUE TO THE “NEW NORMAL” WE HAVE NEW GUIDELINES THAT WE ASK YOU TO COMPLY WITH WHEN SHOPPING AT VTH:
- PLEASE DO NOT ENTER the shop if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, body aches, headache, or loss of taste or smell or if you have been exposed to anyone with Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED to be worn at all times in the shop.
- Due to social distancing requirements, we will be limiting the number of customers in the shop at any one time. When you arrive, there may be a short wait before you can enter.
- Upon entry, we ask that you please use the hand sanitizer that we have provided from the touchless dispenser.
- For the safety of our customers and staff, SOCIAL DISTANCING must be observed at ALL times – please maintain 6 feet between yourself and others while in the shop.
- We have denoted a traffic pattern to ensure social distancing. Please follow the arrows marked on the floor, as well as the posted checkout instructions. The exit from the shop will be through the door on the east
wall of the main showroom.
- No food or drink will be allowed in the shop.
- There will be no public restroom available.
- We are unable to accept cash or checks at this time. Only debit/credit cards will be accepted through our “no-touch” charge card machine.
For the protection of our customers, volunteers and staff, Village Treasure House has installed plexiglass shields at our checkout and consignment counters. Extra sanitation measures are being taken throughout the shop and cleaning of high-touch surfaces will be performed regularly throughout the day.
DONATIONS AND CONSIGNMENTS
As a result of Covid-19, the mission of Village Treasure House is more important than ever – providing financial support through grant giving to local agencies serving families and individuals in crisis. As you bring your valued items to Village Treasure House, please consider donating instead of consigning your treasures. Each donation results in greater revenues for VTH, ultimately generating greater profit dollars to benefit local non-profit agencies.
The new operating procedures for Donations and Consignments are as follows:
- If you would like to donate or consign furniture, please download photos to our website villagetreasurehouse.org or email them to email@example.com.
- We regret that we will not be able to accept rugs or bed headboards until further notice.
DONATIONS/CONSIGNMENTS OF SMALL HOME DECOR:
- Preview of small item donations and consignments will be by appointment only at the shop, Wednesday through Saturday from 8:30AM – 10:30AM.
- Each appointment will last 15 minutes and the maximum number of items that will be previewed is 15.
- Online signup for appointments will begin on June 9th. Please sign up on our website villagetreasurehouse.org by selecting Consignment Appointment at the top of the home page.
- Appointments will begin on Wednesday, June 17th.
- Due to social distancing requirements, our display space in the shop is reduced and we will need to be more selective of the items we accept.
- The minimum price of each item must be $20 and we ask that items be clean and ready for our sales floor.
- We will not be able to accept walk-in donations or consignments under any circumstances.
We are very excited to announce that you may now purchase items directly from our website at shop.villagetreasurehouse.org. Visit our website, Instagram and Facebook to see photos of select items and vignettes.
Pickup hours for non-furniture purchases will be during shop hours, Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00AM – 4:30PM. Furniture pickup arrangements can be made by calling the shop at (847)832-1030. If you need help finding a mover, we can provide you with some suggestions.
We appreciate your understanding and compliance with these new procedures at Village Treasure House. Our continued goal is to provide a convenient resource for those wanting to donate or sell home furnishings, as well those wanting to purchase “treasures” at a great value…all while supporting local agencies serving families and individuals in crisis.